A damaged or weakened tooth can leave you susceptible to a host of dental problems, and we at Fundora My Dentist are here to help. We are proud to offer state-of-the-art dental crowns utilizing the latest technology, materials, and techniques. Once in place, your new restoration will enhance your oral health and leave you with incredibly natural-looking results!
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped "caps" we place over the visible portions of damaged teeth to restore their strength, function, and aesthetics. Our custom restorations are closely color and texture-matched to your natural teeth to deliver a seamless smile.
Why Would You Need a Dental Crown?
Dr. Fundora may recommend a dental crown for the following purposes:
- To strengthen a tooth after a root canal treatment
- To repair a tooth with deep decay that a traditional filling cannot effectively treat
- To restore a weak or damaged tooth
- To cover and protect a chipped, cracked, or fractured tooth
- To correct the length of a tooth worn down due to grinding (bruxism)
- To replace missing teeth by covering dental implants or holding bridges in place
- To improve the appearance of gapped, misshapen, or severely stained teeth
What Are the Types of Dental Crowns?
At Fundora My Dentist, we are proud to offer crowns in a variety of materials. Dr. Fundora will recommend the type of restoration that's right for your smile's unique needs.
The following are the most commonly used types of dental crowns:
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal: These types of crowns have been around for over 50 years and provide a strong, durable, and aesthetic restorative solution. However, the metal under the porcelain can sometimes show through, leaving dark lines along the gums.
- All-Resin: These aesthetic crowns are generally more affordable than other types of crowns. However, the material can wear down over time and is more likely to break or fracture than porcelain-fused-to-metal.
- All-Ceramic or Porcelain: This material provides excellent color and texture match to your tooth enamel, making it ideal for restoring teeth that show when you smile. All-porcelain crowns are suitable for use on the front or back teeth.
What Is the Dental Crown Placement Procedure?
The procedure to place a crown may vary depending on the material. However, the typical process requires two visits to our office. During your first appointment, we will numb the area and remove a thin layer of tooth enamel to accommodate your restoration. Next, we will make an impression of your teeth to send to our dental laboratory. The last step is placing a temporary crown on your prepared tooth to keep it protected.
When your new dental crown is ready, you will return to our office for a placement appointment. We will evaluate your restoration for a perfect color match and ideal fit, then cement it in place. We will make any adjustments needed to ensure your restored tooth looks, feels, and functions just like any of your natural teeth!
Dental Crowns Near Me
Contact Fundora My Dentist in Clearwater, FL, to learn more about our cosmetic dental crowns. Our team is committed to providing our valued patients with quality, durable restorations for long-term healthy smiles. Call us to schedule your appointment today!
Request Your Appointment Today!
At Fundora My Dentist, we make it easy to schedule an appointment time that fits your busy lifestyle. Click on the button to request a time that works for you. We can't wait to see you!